What to Bring:
Sleeping bags or bed roll, food, fishing tackle, towels, toiletries. In June and September, bring warm clothing as it can be cool at 4500 feet elevation. Be prepared for all weather conditions! Don’t get stuck in the rain or overheat in the sweltering sun! Check the weather forecast. Use duffel bags in preference to good luggage. A gasoline lantern and cooler are handy as there is no electricity.
Google Maps Address:
1740 Loon Lake Rd, Thompson-Nicola E, BC
- If you are using Google Map’s GPS, note that the technical city designation is Thompson-Nicola E (we’re in a remote area!). Cell phone reception is poor as you leave Cache Creek and proceed along Loon Lake Rd, so keep an eye out for our resort sign on the right.
- People using other GPS devices may need to enter the city as Cache Creek or Clinton to get the subsequent Loon Lake Rd option.
Directions: total driving time ~37 minutes
1) Make your way to Cache Creek, BC, Canada.
2) Head North along highway BC-97 N for 20.9 kilometres
3) Turn right onto Loon Lake Rd
4) Continue North along Loon Lake Rd for 17.40 kilometres
5) Turn right at 1740 Loon Lake Rd – arrival at Base Camp Office